Monday, August 18, 2014

Fall Semester

This school year, Corban and Abigail will both be doing Classical Conversations Foundations program again.  CC is on Cycle 3 this year, with the United States of America as the focus for History and Geography.  To compliment what we will be doing with CC,  I have chosen 
MFW Adventures in U.S. History curriculum to do at home with both children!
I am really looking forward to the opportunities this will provide for learning and discovering and reading together.  There might be some areas that I will need to simplify for Abigail and I plan on Corban doing quite a bit of additional reading of American people, events and literature.  He has already started reading some of the Who was...? 
biography series and is making a book with summaries of the people he reads about.
Together we will read Mathematicians Are People, Too.



Corban will also begin:
Horizon Math 3 (book 1)










Abigail will continue
her Bible reader and notebook from MFW 1st grade
and will begin
Horizons Math K (book 2)
A Reason for Handwriting A







While other activities/classes will begin in September, 
(Classical Conversations- Corban and Abigail, 
IMACS- Corban, swim team- Corban, 
and ballet- Abigail and Hadassah) 
we begin our curriculums at home this week!