Asher Isaac Pendrak
November 5, 2013
at 10:08 pm
10 pounds 3 ounces
22 1/2 inches
Asher means Happy and Blessed
"Happy am I! For women will call me happy." So she named him Asher. -Genesis 30:13
Isaac means Laughter
My labor and delivery with Asher was beautiful and quick!
We had eaten dinner, Chris had gotten the children ready for bed
and we went to sit outside at 8:00 to begin timing my contractions.
At 8:30, with a contraction, I stood up and my water broke.
Chris called my midwife (the same midwife and assistant that delivered Hadassah!)
and our babysitter (to stay with the children who were too excited to go to sleep)
while I went to labor in our bath tub.
The room was quiet (music softly playing), calming (candles lit), and peaceful.
And my contractions were much easier in the water.
My midwife checked me at about 9:30
and asked if I felt like I was ready to start pushing because Baby was ready!
With the two next contractions I pushed and his head was out!
A minute and half later, with the third contraction, his body was out.
Asher was born at 10:08 pm.
We had not planned a water birth, but it was perfect!
cutting the umbilical cord


