Monday, February 18, 2013

Free Falling

The next morning, we left the hotel early and drove to a small airport.  Chris reminded me of the time we went on a hot air balloon ride just after we got engaged, so I thought that was what we were doing...until I saw a sign for Miami Skydiving Center
ready to go!
My instructor, Chris, could tell I was nervous and said that he would jump with me (he was the most experienced with over 10,000 jumps!).  He asked in what order I wanted to go and I said first! There was one single jumper that went before us, and then we led the 4 tandem jumps.   
Chris said his scariest moment was watching me disappear out of the plane!  Chris with his instructor Anthony (the horse!), they did a flip out of the plane!
we jumped out of the plane at 12,000 feet
and free fall for 7,000 feet at 120 mph (in about 40 seconds)!
Then parachute down 5,000 feet for about 7 minutes.
walking on clouds and spinning in circles with the parachute!
we all landed safely, in a bean field!